Terms of business
- Prior to the commencement of a new project or set of tasks, a contract will be signed by both parties. The signed contract indicates the client’s acceptance of Alison Hadley‘s terms and conditions contained herein.
- Work will be charged by the day or as a package or project rate, as agreed with the client.
- Contactable working hours are 9:00-17:00, Monday to Friday.
- The delivery date for work being completed by Alison Hadley will be agreed with the client before work commences.
- Should a client’s original requirements change, Alison Hadley may amend the original quotation, following a consultation with the client.
- How completed work is returned to the client is to be agreed in advance with the client. Postage and courier costs are charged at cost to the client.
- Travel time to client meetings will be charged to the client at the agreed rate.
- Parking or public transport costs to meetings with the client will charged to the client.
- Alison Hadley may charge the client for phone call costs where excessive and where extra charges are applied by Alison Hadley‘s phone service provider (that are in addition to the phone company’s monthly tariff).
- Alison Hadley reserves the right to amend the cost of the provision of services at any time by giving the client one month’s notice in writing.
- Urgent jobs needing completion in less than 2 working days may be subject to a 25% rush fee but this will always be agreed with the client in advance of any work being undertaken.
- Alison Hadley will not, at any time, either directly or indirectly, divulge, disclose or communicate in any manner, any information that is propriety to the client, unless specifically requested to do so by the client or obliged to by law.
- All information and data will be treated with the strictest confidence and will not be used for the personal benefit of Alison Hadley. This stipulation will continue after the termination of any contract or agreement.
- If required by the client, Alison Hadley would be happy to sign a non-disclosure or confidentiality agreement.
- Alison Hadley cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to data or equipment relating to projects or tasks, during transit to/from and within its premises.
- Alison Hadley uses anti-virus protection and all incoming emails / documents will be scanned. Alison Hadley reserves the right to delete any unsolicited attachments or mail which causes concern from an unrecognised sender or has no subject heading or contains no message.
- The client is responsible for their own anti-virus protection.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that all work submitted to Alison Hadley is correct and legible.
- Any errors made by Alison Hadley will be corrected free of charge.
- Amendments other than those previously stated, will be charged at the appropriate rate.
- Alison Hadley cannot be held responsible for the end use or content of any document produced or edited by them.
- All final proofreading of work remains the responsibility of the client.
- Alison Hadley cannot accept liability for damage or loss caused by third party companies.
- Invoices are typically sent to the client on a monthly basis.
- Full payment is due within 14 days from the date of the invoice.
- Payment options include: BACS, bank transfer, online banking (account details will be provided), or cheque.
- Should any payment fail, the client will be liable for all related charges.
- Alison Hadley understands and exercises statutory rights to claim interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the late payment legislation if not paid according to the agreed credit terms.